Since I’ve started work, I have shortchange lele for her daily walks as well as weekend outings. She has been cooping up with all those energy at home hence getting rather mischevious by chewing and racking things at home. Finally, pappi and I got a chance to bring her out for the SPCA World Animals Day event at East Coast Park. Initially I intended to have her participate in the fun agility but we were rather late as the other trailers have started to walk the course. Nevertheless, lele get to meet up with her pawpal Junior. They greet each other with overwhelmed response, mouthing, pushing and jumping on each other.
After a while, we decided to switch to West Coast dog run. Another of lele’s pawpal, Marni was around the area. His pappi brought him over to meet us. Everyone had great fun so was CS whom took quite a number of pretty pics. It was a fun-filled laughter day especially when Marni and Lele wrestled non-stop for like 15 mins. They just cannot get enough of each other especially on the humping moments. Lele is so un-glam and really lose all her princess-look image when she plays with Marni. Better not go more into it. *Zip*
My princess-look Lele
Junior, Marni and Lele at West Coast Dog Run
Run beaglies, run!!!
Flying ears, flying tongue, flying tail, FLYING LELE!!!
Today we attended the National Dog Walk 2011 and lele went for her first ever fun agility trial. I was thinking to blog about the joyful day and lele’s experience but something saddens me knowing a beloved furkid has passed away in this yearly event. I do not want to go on to what had happen but share my personal opinions and precautions when bringing your dogs to such events with unfamiliar dogs around or even dog runs.
1) When introducing new dogs to your own, always keep a lookout for stressful signs if your dog or the other is uncomfortable. Eg. teeth growling, tail tuck, pulling away. Always believe in your first instinct and move your dogs away if you feel something amissed. Never let your dog continue interaction when seen distress.
2) Never assume all dogs are friendly like yours. When in dog runs, always follow, supervise your dog and keep watchful eyes. DO NOT sit down on the beach and chat while your dog roam around. (Seen this most of the time in dog runs.) In public places, always keep your dog leashed. You never know what and when something can just spooked your dog.
3) Dog runs is NOT exactly the best place to socialise your puppy. A very useful article on why is it so - To Park or Not to Park : StubbyDog Quoted from the article :
Keep in mind that dog parks are not a necessity, and your dog is not missing out if she doesn’t attend them. Leisurely walks or jogs with you provide the best exercise, and small play groups give her a wonderful opportunity to play with other dogs!
This heartbreaking incident have actually make me quite paranoid towards lele well-being. I am starting to question myself whether to bring lele to dog runs as we used to and even reconsidering about bringing her to future dog hash. I guess I need a cool down period away from the dog runs…..
Every Saturday without fail (except on rainy days), lele and I will go to Bishan park to meet her dog run buddies. The only hiccup is that mummi has to wake up early in order to bring lele to meet the gang. Mostly the regular gang will be there at around 8 to 8.30am. However I have the tendency to overslept at times.
Today once again, unable to wake up from the comfort of my bed, we arrive at Bishan dog run at around 10am. We met new friends as well as lele’s old pals. It was a great cooling morning until 11.30am where a heavy downfall came to spoil the fun. Lele and I include the few others was drenched totally when running to the car for shelter. It was the first time lele and I ran in the rain. It was funny when I see lele soaking wet and showing me her grumpy face how unpleased she is.
Lele meeting her old pal Latte the JRT.
Candid shots of Sky The Golder Retriever.
Joel the red border collie playing chase with Sky.
Sunny Boy the rescued mongrel who will soon be adopted by a new family. “Hurray!!!” He’s a very shy and cautious doggie. I had a first impression thinking it is a Pyrenean Shepherd look alike. I guess I’m watching too much of agility pyr shep in Youtube. More updates on Sunny Boy can be found in Project JK – Just Kindness, Facebook.
Lele all well wrapped up warmly in the car.
Le Paws Shoppe Sale is now on!!!
- 16,939 paws
World of Paw Friends
- Agility Beagle Xsara and Tani
- Lucky Dog Rescue Blog
- Beagle Diary (Cinnamon and Mint)
- Superpet Model (Alphy)
- Oscah baby
- Yuki The Dog
- Team Beagle
- Sapphire The Beagle
- Mino the Beagle
- Daily Bailey
- Live, Bark, Love
- Snoopy's Dogblog
- The Happy 'Tails' of Huskee and Hershey
- Herbiesphere and Helios too
- Zeus the Zuchon and Boss the Bunny
- Specially for Rossi Gal
- Jägervision (English Translation Using Google)
- Homer, the Golden Retriever
- Romeo and Juliet